Carrot Oat Breakfast Cake
Carrot oat breakfast cake - Served with almond cream cheese frosting and date syrup.
The recipe is super simple, healthy, vegan and most importantly: yummy!
- 150 g apple sauce unsweetened
- 40 g nut butter of choice I used almond
- 100 ml plant milk I used almond
- 70 g coconut blossum sugar or other
- 100 g oat flour (grounded/finely mixed oats)
- 30 g coconut flour or more oat flpur
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt130 g freshly grated carrots (1-2 small carrots)
- Vanilla Flavdrops optional
- fresh lemon peel from 1/2 organic lemon
- 100 g vegan cream cheese mine was almond based
- 1-2 tbsp marple syrup or other
- a splash of water (if it's too thick)
Mix all ingredients well ( add carrots last).
Bake in a square form for 30-60 min (180°C/350°F upper- and lower heat) until it's golden brown. The baking time depends on your oven and your baking form
For the frosting mix the vegan cream cheese with the marple syrup or another syrup. Let the cake cool down before you spread the frosting over it.