My whole family + friends are obsessed with this! Even the ones, who don’t like pistacchios.
There is spinach in this recipe as well, I used frozen one but you can use fresh as well. Don’t worry, you won’t taste it, it’s for the colour and moisture.
Check out my Instagram to see a video – the texture is sooo good!
Lemon-pistacchio cake - vegan
By Gina Marie Grimm
- 180 g melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup 100 g cane sugar
- 1/4 cup 60g agave syrup
- 5 cubes 65g of frozen spinach leaves or fresh
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup 80 g pistachios
- 1 +3/4 cup 250 g flour e.g. wheat type 550
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- zest of 1 large or 2 small lemons
- 1 cup 250 ml plant milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- * 2 tsp. baking powder instead of apple vinegar + natron works as well
- 1 tbsp. Icing sugar
- 1 tsp aquafaba or water
- A few chopped pistachios
- Puree the spinach with plant milk and pistacchios. Mix with the remaining liquid and then dry ingredients. Pour into a baking pan lined with baking paper (21x21cm) and bake in the preheated oven, top-bottom heat 180°C/350°F) for 40 min.
- Let it cool down and decorate with the icing sugar and chopped pistacchios.
Hello what does 1,5 mean in 1,5 tsp baking powder?
Found this recipe quite by accident on Instagram and decided to give it a try because I had some spinach& pistachios that needed to be used. WOW!! This is, quite possibly, the most delicious cake I’ve tasted in years!! It will definitely be made many more times. Thank you for sharing❤