My whole family + friends are obsessed with this! Even the ones, who don’t like pistacchios.
There is spinach in this recipe as well, I used frozen one but you can use fresh as well. Don’t worry, you won’t taste it, it’s for the colour and moisture.
Check out my Instagram to see a video – the texture is sooo good!
Lemon-pistacchio cake - vegan
By Gina Marie Grimm
- 180 g melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup 100 g cane sugar
- 1/4 cup 60g agave syrup
- 5 cubes 65g of frozen spinach leaves or fresh
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup 80 g pistachios
- 1 +3/4 cup 250 g flour e.g. wheat type 550
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- zest of 1 large or 2 small lemons
- 1 cup 250 ml plant milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- * 2 tsp. baking powder instead of apple vinegar + natron works as well
- 1 tbsp. Icing sugar
- 1 tsp aquafaba or water
- A few chopped pistachios
- Puree the spinach with plant milk and pistacchios. Mix with the remaining liquid and then dry ingredients. Pour into a baking pan lined with baking paper (21x21cm) and bake in the preheated oven, top-bottom heat 180°C/350°F) for 40 min.
- Let it cool down and decorate with the icing sugar and chopped pistacchios.