This recipe will be your new favorite!
I used a vegan caramel pudding powder in this recipe, if you don’t like caramel, you can simply use starch or a vanilla pudding powder.
Apple caramel cake
the best apple cake I have ever eaten 😭 try it yourself!
- 1/4 cup 40 g sugar -alternative, e.g. coconut blossom sugar
- 50 ml baking oil or: nut butter, but makes the cake a little heavier
- 1 cup 250 ml of plant milk
- 1 scoop vanilla flave powder optional, you can also use vanilla extract
- 1 cup 125 g flour - e.g. spelt type 630
- 1/2 cup 80 g wholegrain spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 large apples
- 2 tbsp caramel pudding powder
- 2 tsp whole raw sugar or substitute
- 1 tsp cinnamon optional
- Grease the cake tin (21cm) or line it with baking paper. Cut the apples into pieces and mix with the pudding powder and sugar.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dough together and put 2/3 of it into the cake tin. Spread the apples evenly on top, spread the rest of the batter on top and bake everything for 30-40 minutes. Serve with a caramel sauce or syrup of choice
- Serve with a caramel sauce or syrup of choice
I can’t wait to hear your feedback!
If you post a story/post on Instagram, make sure to tag me (@ginamarie.grimm), so I can share your creations in my story.