Creamy, easy, healthy and delicious!
For this smooth cheesy sauce recipe you need a mixer, food processor or blender.
I highly recommend serving it with some chili flakes!
Vegan mac and cheese
So easy and delicious! Save the recipe and try it yourself 😍 I'll say bon appétit and as always, look forward to your feedback & remakes🥰
Ingredients sauce (2-3 servings)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup /80 g cashews
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1cup/250 ml of water
- 1/4 cup /60 ml vegan/soy cream / cooking cream
- 1-2 tbsp yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Some pepper optional: chilli flakes
You also need
- 250 g pasta of your choice
- Soak the cashews in water overnight or in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Cook your pasta of choice.
- Cut garlic and onion and fry them in oil until they are golden brown.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or with a hand blender until creamy.
- Bring to the boil in a saucepan and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Stir it every now and then.
- Serve with your pasta! I used one made from kamut, which is an ancient wheat that many people tolerate better than normal (overbred) wheat. Hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂