This is a MUST-TRY RECIPE
No refined sugar, healthier and just delicious!
Chocolate mousse cake - gluten-free, vegan and healthier
This is by far one of my best recipes, I tell you 😍 I was shocked myself how this cake melts on your tongue. Just awesome.
- 1/4 cup 70 g apple pulp
- 3 Tbsp / 30 ml of baking oil
- 1/2 cup /100 g sugar / alternative e.g. coconut blossom sugar, erythritol etc.
- 1/2 cup /140 ml plant milk
- 1/2 cup / 60 g baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup /35 g tiger nut flour *
- 1/3 cup /35 g starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- * Alternatively: rice flour, buckwheat flour, almond flour or a gluten-free flour mixture. Wheat or spelled is also possible, but the consistency can vary slightly.
- 200 g silken tofu
- 170 g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp hazelnut butter optional
- Sweetness of your choice e.g. agave syrup, FlavePowder / Flavedrops etc.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C/ 350°F upper and lower heat.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cake, fill the dough in a baking pan with baking paper (mine was 21x21cm) and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool down the cake while melting the chocolate for the mousse. Then mix it with the remaining ingredients for the mousse (in a mixer or with a hand blender) until everything is a creamy mass. Spread the mousse over the cooled cake and place it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Carefully take the cake out of the baking pan, cut it into slices and enjoy!
* Alternatively: rice flour, buckwheat flour, almond flour or a gluten-free flour mixture. Wheat or spelled is also possible, but the consistency can vary slightly.
Pingback: 10 Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Mousse Cake Recipes - Eatability
Hey! I’m happy to have found this recipe and I’m planning on making this tomorrow. I don’t have a 21×21 dish but could I bake it in a cake pan?