This recipe has stolen so many hearts! Mine as well – these little, fluffy buns are too delicious.
(Dieses Rezept findest du hier auf Deutsch)
The first time I’ve made these, I used gluten-free dry yeast, which was expired :D. They were yummy, but this time they have turned out soooo much better! The fluffyness is out of this world.
To make them even more drool-worthy, I’ve filled them with chocolate nut cream ( after baking).
LET’S BE REAL: This can’t get any better, haha! But even without the filling, they are super delicious & a MUST TRY!
Vegan chocolate yeast buns
- 130 g soy quark curd/thick soy yogurt
- 17 g fresh yeast or 7g dry yeast
- 30 g vegan margarine room temperature
- 50 g sugar coconut sugar
- 50 ml warm-hot water
- 300 g flour I used spelt, type 630
- 60 g chocolate drops/chips dark
- one pinch of salt
- Mix soy quark with the water and sugar. Crumble & add the yeast, stir until its combined and let it rest for 2 min. Mix flour and salt and add the yeast mixture and margarine. Knead to a dough (~5 min) . Let it rest for 30-60 min (in a warm place, not over 40°C).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) upper and lower heat.
- Knead the dough again (~5 min) and fold in the chocolate drops. Form little buns, spread some diluted date or coconut blossum syrup over them (optional for the color) and bake them for ~20 min until they are golden brown. They taste the best when they are still a little warm!
- If you want to add a filling: cut a small hole in the bun and use an icing bag so fill it with xour chocolate cream.