This yummy recipe is without refined sugar, oil and wheat!
This recipe is also available in DEUTSCH.
I’ve topped it with a date caramel sauce! Soo yummy 🙂
Fluffy and moist apple cake | Healthy & Vegan
- 60 g nut butter
- 200 ml soy milk
- 120 g sweetener I used erythritol with stevia*
- 200 g spelt flour
- 50 g spelt semolina or more flour
- Optional vanilla Flavedrops or 10g vanilla sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 big apples I used boskop
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp starch
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp date syrup or date spaste (pureed dates)
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- a little bit of water
- Mix all ingredients for the dough and spread 1/3 of it in a cake tin (25cm, oiled or layed out with baking paper). Preheat the oven to 180°C(350°F) upper and lower heat.
- Cut 2 of the apples in pieces (not too small!) Mix the apples with cinnamon, starch, raisins & nuts and spread them over the dough. Top with the rest of the dough & cut the 3rd apple in slices.
- Decorate the cake with the apple slices and more nuts if you want ( I added some almond splits on top) Bake it for ~60-80min (depending on your oven and baking form.
- Caramel sauce: mix the date syrup with the peanut butter. Add a little bit of water if needed and drizzle the sauce over the cake.
Hope you like it! If you post a story/post on Instagram, make sure to tag me (@ginaa_marie99), so I can share your creations in my story.