This delicious chocolate cake is without oil and refined sugar!
I love to use whole grain rice flour, which makes it really fluffy and nutritious. You can also use regular flours like wheat or spelt flour (not whole grain though) and buckwheat flour should work as well.
For the chocolate I’ve used a filled one, made with coconut blossum sugar. I also added some chopped dates to the dough, but this is completely optional 🙂
Chocolate nut nougat cake
- 120g apple sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 40g hazelnut butter or other
- 100g ground hazelnuts
- 100g rice flour *
- 50g cacao
- 10g starch
- ~ 200ml plant milk
- Sweetener of choice I used nut nougat flavedrops and 50g xylit
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 dates optional ~ 30g chocolate ( I used one with nougat filling)
- More chocolate to top the cake about 50g
- Mix all ingredients to a smooth dough. Chop the dates and the chocolate and fold them in. Pour the dough into a baking form ( oiled or prepared with baking sheet) and bake it for about 60 min ( 180°C/365°F upper/lower heat, preheated!). Test with a wooden stick etc. if it's ready! Then let it cool down, melt dark chocolate and spread it over the cake.