A classic but super yummy recipe for pasta lovers!
I’ve served it with full wheat pasta, baked tofu (Italian style), vegan parmesan and herbs.
As a child I ate my pasta with only a tiny bit of sauce. Today the sauce is my highlight! This one is super rich in flavour and creamy – not watery at all!
Simple & easy tomato sauce | vegan
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried Italian herbs
- Optional: a clove of garlic finely chopped
- a small onion finely chopped
- 500 g of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of yeast flakes optional
- 1 tbsp cashew butter for the creaminess
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- Fry the onion (and garlic) in the olive oil and add the tomato paste. Fry everything for another minute.
- Add the tomato puree, yeast flakes, herbs and cashew butter. Bring to a boil and spice it with sweet paprika powder, pepper and salt. Add Italian herbs too, if you like! Let it cook for a few minutes and then serve it with your favorite pasta!
I can’t wait to hear your feedback!
If you post a story/post on Instagram, make sure to tag me (@ginaa_marie99), so I can share your creations in my story.