Summer rolls are super yummy and easy to make. All you need is rice paper and some veggies/salad/tofu!
You can get rice paper in an Asian store or also in big supermarkets.
I’ve served them with a homemade peanut sauce and Gomasio ( roasted sesame seeds with salt and optional: nori seaweed).
This was actually the second time, that I’ve made these and I love the simplicity of this recipe.
For fillings I used: romana salad, smoked tofu, carrots, red cabbage and red peppers. Last time I also used sprouts and rice noodels – you can choose whatever you like!
Summer rolls with a creamy peanut sauce
- 4-5 rice papers round
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/3 cucumber
- a few salad leaves
- ~200 g red cabbage
- ~150 g smoked tofu
- 1 tbsp peanut butter 100% peanuts
- 1 tsp marple syrup or other
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- some warm water
- Prepare a big bowl or pan with warm water. Soak the rice paper in the water until its soft. Place the soaked paper on a wet plate and layer the fillings in the middle of it. Roll it up and fould the sides. Check the internet if you don't know how to roll them up the right way.
- Mix the peanut butter with lime/lemon juice, soy sauce and marple syrup. If it's too firm, add a little bit of warm water.