You want to change up your breakfast game or simply enjoy a yummy, healthy dessert?
You will love this carrot oat breakfast cake!
It can be served with or without frosting!
Carrot Oat Breakfast Cake
Carrot oat breakfast cake - Served with almond cream cheese frosting and date syrup. The recipe is super simple, healthy, vegan and most importantly: yummy!
- 150 g apple sauce unsweetened
- 40 g nut butter of choice I used almond
- 100 ml plant milk I used almond
- 70 g coconut blossum sugar or other
- 100 g oat flour (grounded/finely mixed oats)
- 30 g coconut flour or more oat flpur
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt130 g freshly grated carrots (1-2 small carrots)
- Vanilla Flavdrops optional
- fresh lemon peel from 1/2 organic lemon
- 100 g vegan cream cheese mine was almond based
- 1-2 tbsp marple syrup or other
- a splash of water (if it's too thick)
- Mix all ingredients well ( add carrots last).
- Bake in a square form for 30-60 min (180°C/350°F upper- and lower heat) until it's golden brown. The baking time depends on your oven and your baking form
- For the frosting mix the vegan cream cheese with the marple syrup or another syrup. Let the cake cool down before you spread the frosting over it.
If you post a story/post on Instagram, make sure to tag me (@ginaa_marie99), so I can share your creations in my story.