Not gonna lie… these were the fluffiest pancakes I’ve ever had! Proof is in my IGTV Video and the next YouTube video( for all my German followers: Es ist auf Deutsch!) ! I don’t know why I’ve never made vegan apple pancakes. My mom always used to make us apple pancakes when we were kids and I loved them! Obviously I had to make them when I saw my brother having some a few days ago.
I didn’t take a lot of pictures for this blog post, because I focused on the YouTube video, so if you need some more impressions, make sure to check it out! In the video I made 2 servings, so don’t wonder why it might look a lot.
This version is not gluten free as I used spelt flour, but you can easily replace that with a gluten free flour mix/oat flour and/or rice flour ect.
(for about 3 big pancakes, perfect for one person)
- 1 small, ripe banana / 1/2 banana ( should be about 50g) or apple sauce
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar → makes them super fluffy
- 100 ml plant milk → use oat milk/rice milk to give them a natural sweetness
- 1tsp nut butter ( optional), I used peanut butter
Side note: If you like your pancakes to be very sweet add a sweetener of your choice (coconut sugar, rice syrup ect.). I prefer to make them semi-sweet and top them with sweet toppings 🙂
- 75g spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1 small apple/ 1/2 apple
- coconut oil for the pan
- toppings of your choice
- Mash the banana with a fork and mix in the other wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl and add in the wet mixture. Stir until it’s well combined ( side note: it won’t be completely smooth because of the mashed banana).
- Cut your apple into small pieces and add it to the dough.
- Bake them in a pan ( with a little bit of coconut oil) on both sides for 1-2 minutes each. If your apple pieces are very big, put a lid over the pancakes to make sure that they are baked through.
- Top the pancakes with nut butter, cinnamon apples or whatever you like!
If you’re trying any of my recipes, make sure to tag me ( if you post it on instagram) so I won’t miss your creation and can share it in my story. I hope you love it as much as I do!