The perfect summer treat if you ask me! They are super easy and don’t take a lot of ingredients. The easiest way to make them is obviously with some bought vegan cookies and ice cream. I choose to make both by myself to make the cookie ice cream sandwiches as healthy as possible! The recipe for the gluten free, yummy, protein packed and crunchy chocolate chip cookies is already up on my blog. There will be a video on YouTube too. I’m pretty sure they taste at least as good as bought ones, you should definitely give them a try 🙂
Vegan ice cream ↓
- 2 frozen bananas
- a handful of frozen cauliflower ( can be replaced with another banana)
- 2 scoops of protein powder (optional)
- 100ml coconut milk
- chocolate of your choice ( I used a protein choc without refined sugar)
- Blend all ingredients, except the chocolate, in a food processor or mixer ( you need one with a lot of power).
- Mix in some chopped chocolate if you like and put the ice cream in a freezer for at least 30-60 min.
- Spread the firm ice cream on the bottom of one cookie ( the easiest way is with an ice cream scoop) and put another cookie on top. Put each cookie in the freezer once you finished one, so the ice cream won’t melt. You can also add more chocolate or some sprinkles to make them look even prettier.
- Keep them in the freezer or eat them right away! If you had them in the freezer for a while I’d recommend to let them unfreeze for 5-10 min, so they will be easier to eat.
I don’t know about you but I will definitely make them more often now 🙂
Make sure to tag me in your picture if you’re trying out my recipe and post it on Instagram, so I won’t miss it and can repost it in my story.