Because yummy treats don’t have to be unhealthy!
I’ve been wanting to bake sweet potato brownies like forever and now I finally did it. What can I say? They turned out SO delicious! If you haven’t tried baking with sweet potatoes, you have to try! I try to make this recipe as easy as possible, so maybe this is the perfect opportunity to give sweet potato brownies a chance 🙂
These chocolatey brownies are completely guilt free to enjoy. They are super low in fat, free from refined sugar and conventional flour. The whole batch has 73g of protein and one slice (around 77g) has ca 8g of protein.
My brother wanted to eat all of them after he tried one! He is really critical, so this means something 😀
- 80g oat flour
- 60g chocolate protein powder
- 40g cacao ( or more)
- 40g grounded almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg replacement ( chia egg, or flax egg; I used 15g seedsblend with 3 tbsp water)
- 50g xylit or coconut sugar *
- 300g cooked sweet potato
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 200ml oat milk
- pinch of salt
- 10g cacao
- 3 tsp water
- sweetener of choice ( I used hazelnut flavdrops)
- sugar-free chocolate chunks ( optional)
You can also melt some (sugar-free) dark chocolate to top the brownies to have the ultimate chocolate portion! 🙂
*take more if you like it sweet, the amount is up to you!
- Prepare the egg replacement and preheat the oven to180°C upper/lower heat
- Blend all wet ingredients ( preferably in a blender/mixer) until you get a nice and smooth texture.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a big bowl and add in the wet mixture. Stir until you get a well combined, sticky dough.
- Spread the dough in a baking pan or on a baking tray with baking paper (form a square ).
- Bake the batch for 30-45 min, depending on your baking pan. Check with a small skewer if it’s ready. There shouldn’t be any dough on it when you pull it out but it probably won’t be completely clean, since the brownies are really fudgy.
- Let the batch cool down and prepare the toppings meanwhile. Mix the cacao with water and your sweetener until its well combined and spread the cream over your “cake”. I also chop some sugar-free chocolate and put it on top for some crunch. Still not enough chocolate? Drizzle some dark chocolate over it too.
- Cut it into 9 brownie slices and enjoy!
I hope to see some of you making these! It makes me always so happy when you send me pictures/ tag me on instagram ect. . Constructive criticism is always desired too 🙂