Salted caramel & chocolate swirl! Made with chickpeas, apple sauce and oats
I love cookie dough, especially when you can eat it without worries! Most homemade healthy cookie doughs are mainly made with nut butter. I also love nut butter in my dough but it’s pretty expensive sometimes and I thought it would be a nice idea to make the dough a little “lighter” too. I reduced the amount of nut butter and used apple sauce instead! Love how it turned out.
Recipe for the basic dough
- 265g ( 1 can ) chickpeas, washed
- 50 ml plant milk
- 100g apple sauce
- 55g nut butter
- 25g xylit / coconut sugar ( add more if you like it sweeter)
- 50g almonds ( or oat flour)
- 25g oat flour
- about 30g lupine flour ( or oat flour)
- add more if you want a thicker dough
For the salted caramel
- 80g dates, stoned
- a splash of plant milk ( or water for a more intense color)
- pinch of salt
For the chocolate swirl
- your fave chocolate spread ( I used a chocolate nur butter)
- blend the chickpeas with the plant milk to a smooth paste.
- Mix all the ingredients together to a thick dough.
- blend the dates to little chunks and add in the salt as well as a splash of plant milk/ water. Blend until it’s all combined. It should look like caramel now 🙂
- Roughly fold in the caramel in the dough.
- Serve and enjoy!
See steps 2 and 3 above! You can also add chocolate chunks or vegan chocolate lentils as I did. Also feel free to add the homemade caramel!
The cookie dough is completely edible – you can add in cacao powder for a chocolate version ect. . I hope you like this recipe and I would love to know when you try it out! Send me a dm on instagram, or if you’re posting a picture of it make sure to tag me and use the #ginasveganrecipes, so I won’t miss it. Can’t wait to see your creations ♥